In the era of industrial 4.0, the word is changing dramatically and remarkably in some fields such as economic, technology and education. Everything in the society becomes more complicated and challenging, in which results in scarcity. To survive in this struggling world, people have to equip themselves with 21st century skills, especially technology literacy. Therefore, to response to this demand, Arizon School offers Trilingual Curriculum which offers student a well-informed curriculum.
This curriculum is uniquely instinct from other curriculum of the other schools since it is comprised of three languages, National Language, English Language and Chinese Language. Unlike other schools’ curriculum, it is largely based on National Curriculum that is added up more time allocation to provide students with more chance to practice the exercises in order to make sure that our students are competent enough to pass Cambodian National Exam with good grade. What’s more, it also provides students with a comprehensive English Language Programme and Chinese Language Programme which aim to prepare students to be a proficiency English and Chinese user, and to be ready for Cambridge Exam and HSK.
II. TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
- Teaching is an interactive activity to coordinate learner’s learning in order to provide learners with knowledge, skills, and Attitude through Learner Centered Approached.
- Teaching is an interactive activity to assist and motivate learners to be efficient and responsible active self-learners who can apply knowledge in everyday life or real world.
- Teaching must extend knowledge, experiences, skills and motivation of learners so that learners will love and give value to education.
- Teaching must be reflective and personalized so that students are motivated and have chance to connect and associated themselves to the real world.
- Teaching must be hierarchically structured with reference to Bloom Taxonomy.
- Teaching must connect learners/learning activities to the real world through the application of appropriate tools, including ITC.
- Teaching must be fun and meaningful in inspiring and motivating context and environment.
- Teaching must be ethically professional and caring.
Trilingual Curriculum is designed to develop students’ full potential based on knowledge, skill and attitude which can assist them to become a well-rounded citizen. Our students will progress with balanced physical appearance, knowledge, and attitude that are the foundation to help them demonstrate and instill a sense of nation affection, develop and contribute not only to their society but also to the whole world, and live and work successfully.
This curriculum aims to develop:
1) Competent in National Language, English Language and Chinese Language on four macro skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) to be able to use in study, workplace and daily life.
2) Knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as a basis for further study, workplace and daily-life communication.
3) Knowledge of art skills, health, sporting, beauty, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership, management and civic skills for study, workplace and daily-life use.
4) Study skills, research skills, career skills, and life skills.
5) Capacity in evaluation and informed and responsible decision-making with tolerance.
6) Insight into human rights as responsible citizens, as an individual, and a member of a family, community, society, region and the world.
7) Life-long learning skills to develop broader knowledge on economics, politics, history, culture, national identity and environment of the nation, the region and the world that contributes to sustainable development and ensures partnership and love with humankinds.
8) Love, protection and construction of the nation and races in connection with democratic, free and multi-political principles and respect of human rights based national and international laws.
IV. CORE COMPETENCY
1) Literacy and Numeracy
2) Foreign Languages
3) Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
4) Communication and Teamwork
5) Analysis and Creativity
6) Applying Knowledge and Skills
7) Personal, Family and Society Development
8) Entrepreneurship and Leadership
1) Literacy and Numeracy
Students will be able to use language and maths to understand, explain, describe and argue, coordinate, encourage, explore and solve the problems in further study, daily life and professional work.
2) Foreign Languages (English and Chinese):
Students will be able to confidently use English and Chinese Languages for communication and research for their study, workplace and daily life.
3) Information and Communications Technology (ICT):
Students will be able to use computers and ICT in their studies, workplace and daily life.
4) Communication and Teamwork:
Students can use literacy and numeracy skills, to 1) disseminate ideas, knowledge, skills, feelings and opinions, 2) evaluate the information to be received and not to be received based on reasoning, 3) effectively and timely negotiate mechanisms and problem-solving approaches in order to serve the benefits of all.
5) Analysis and Creativity:
Students will be able to 1) analyse and evaluate information, anticipate problems, analyse problems for possible solutions, and use critical thinking for decision making, 2) ensure innovation, create new possibility, new ideas or new knowledge and 3) promote love of independent and life-long learning.
6) Applying Knowledge and Skills:
Students will be able to apply knowledge and skills acquired from learning each subject of study at all levels of education to serve the benefits of daily life and to change from society of information to society of knowledge.
7) Personal, Family and Social Development:
Students will be able to apply competencies in personal, family, and social development to their mental and spiritual development so that they can adapt in their daily life as citizens in the changing and competitive world. Competence in personal, family and social development aims to equip citizens with 1) responsibility for themselves, family and society with understanding, love and commitment, 2) ethics, right-wrong judgment, protection and expansion of integrity, 3) unity in undertaking team responsibility or mutual relationship with compassion and kindness to promote happiness for self, family and society.
8) Entrepreneurship and Leadership:
Entrepreneurship and leadership is an ability of students to apply knowledge embedded with the seven above-described competencies so that students will be able to ensure success in income-oriented small business.