ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMME
This program is intended to prepare students to become a proficiency English user, a 21st century learner, a smart learner, a global citizen and a well-rounded worker, who are competent in facing the complex challenges in the emerging knowledge society. These young potential students will be equipped with well-informed knowledge, skills and attitude which can assist them to pursue their study, work and live successfully. The program is committed to a comprehensive knowledge based on the following core competencies: English Proficiency, 21st century skills, Study Skills, Social and Emotional Skills, and Life and Career Skills.
The students of this program will be able to:
1) Communicate effectively and confidently, and develop their knowledge of the world around them.
2) Become critical and active readers, writers, and storytellers.
3) Adapt with and respond to the changing world.
4) Develop life skills they need to participate fully in their lives both inside and outside the classroom.
5) Apply study skills for their academic endeavor.
6) Implement career skills in the challenging global market.
ELPs PROGRAMME OBJECTIVE
This program aims to prepare graduate to be a well-rounded citizen. Upon the completion of the program, the learners will become:
- A Proficiency English User who masters the four macro-skills with CEFR B2.
- A 21st Century Learner who can apply 4Cs effectively.
- A Smarter Learner who can reach their academic endeavor.
- A Global Citizen who can live in the world successfully.
- A Holistic Worker who can work successfully.
|Core Competency||Program Learning Outcome||Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude|
|1) English Proficiency (explore)||Four Macro Skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing (CERF: B2, Proficient English User or IELTS: 6.5. Competent English User)||
|2) 21st Century Skills (Think and Communicate)||2A. Critical thinking
|2A. Reason effectively
2A. Use systems thinking
2A. Make judgments and decisions
2A. Solve the problems
2B. Think creatively
2B. Work creatively with others
2C. Collaborate with others
2D. Communicate clearly
|3) Study Skills (Learn)|| - Managing yourself for study
- Academic Skills
- Task Management Skills
- Drawing it together
|4) Social and Emotional Skills (Me / Live)|| - Self-management
- Responsible-Decision Making
- Relationship Skills
| - Manage emotions and behaviors to achieve one’s goal
- Recognize one’s emotions and values as well as one’s strengths and challenges
- Making ethical
- Constructive choices about personal and social behavior
- Forming positive relationships, working in teams, dealing effectively with conflict
- Showing understanding and empathy for others
|5) Career and Life Skills (Act)|| - Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Social and Cross-Cultural Interaction
- Productivity and Accountability
- Leadership and Responsibility
| - Adapt to change
- Be flexible
- Manage goals and time
- Work independently
- Be self-directed learners
- Interact effectively with others
- Work effectively in diverse teams
- Manage projects
- Produce results
- Guide and lead others
- Be responsible to others